5.15.2009

Preacher Jonah

Last Saturday Jonah, the youngest member of our family, turned seven. It’s hard to believe, but he is growing up and already planning what he wants to be when he is “all grown up.” I have shown you several pictures of him that would suggest he is an aspiring actor, but he actually has no such desire. Almost his entire life, he has wanted to be a fireman. Watching Fireproof did not dissuade him (for some strange reason, he fell asleep in the middle), and he still wants to be a firefighter. (If I were going to be literally honest, though, I would have to tell you that he sometimes waffles between fireman and speed bump maker.)

However, I was working on my laptop one day a few weeks ago when I discovered that he had somehow been on it when I wasn’t around. The result: several very interesting sound bytes. Since he recorded them on my laptop, I am assuming that he is giving me full permission to use them….Anyways, this especially adorable one must have been recorded to work on some of his counseling skills, as he gives good advice to a chronic stealer and tries to back it up with Scripture. I don’t think we’re looking at a firefighter here. These are the definite tell-tale signs of a preacher. (-:
The “transcript” is below to read while you listen, as, true to form, our preacher hasn’t quite figured out microphones yet. Enjoy!





“Hello! What are you doing?”
“Well, I’m not sure.”
“Well, perhaps while you’re stealing, or whatever you’re doing, maybe you would like to hear something. ‘Do not steal, for God is not mocked. Whoever soweth should not reap.’ Galatians 6:7
“Oh, and now another Bible verse. ‘For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that who-sho-ever believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”

3 comments:

  1. Wow - that is so sweet! I agree - he seems cut out for evangelism. :) Happy Birthday Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Sounds like a preacher in the making. : )
    I can hardly believe Jonah-man is seven years old. Please extend my belated birthday wishes to him! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely pass on your greetings! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments like we love sunshine and chocolate and chubby babies!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin