5.28.2009

Missing the Link



So I was on the Google homepage, and I noticed a strange icon in the place where they usually put "Happy Columbus Day" or "Happy Fourth of July." Curious, I clicked on it to find out what vital information I was missing out on. To my surprise, the great holiday was the discovery of the newest claimed evolutionary “missing link,” Ida. Another addition to the embarrassing list of Lucys, Neanderthals, and Piltdowns! Apparently, however, this one is special (and I say that with a serious sarcastic inflection!). In fact, there is an entire marketing force behind this little lemur, including a book, a documentary, and a website that claims this fossil is rewriting history! This is the most complete fossil primate ever discovered, and evolutionist Jorn Hurum claims that “this is the first link to all humans, [representing] the closest thing we can get to a direct ancestor." However, upon further research, I discovered that quite the opposite is true. Instead of being a half-lemur and half-human Frankenstein, this fossil is almost exactly the same as a modern lemur, having a few minor variations (like its teeth) that could easily be variations within its own kind. In fact, the amazing preservation of Ida, much of its fur, the contents of its stomach, and the many fossils around it actually point to a catastrophic world flood!
How could so many people who appear to be so smart have it so wrong? For those who believe that God created the world, every new claim of the discovery of a “missing link” brings sighs, and every new proof of a hoax or exaggeration causes us to wonder how much longer all these “smart” people will continue to miss the truth! How much longer will they make up their theory and then skip off with a shovel to try to prove it? Their blindness would almost be laughable if it weren’t so depressing. By way of solving the problem, we sagely observe that they should first examine the evidence and then base their theories off that.
It's time for the magnifying glass to turn the other direction. When I actually looked closer at my sage observation, I realized that I often repeat the same foolish process, and I end up in the same place, which is far from truth. I plant myself on a doctrine or belief, and then I skim through the Bible to find proof. Sure, I may find my missing link to support my belief, but I end up with a falsehood! I remember when I was about 14, and I had to write a paper answering from Scripture a specific question about the role of women. At the time, the details of a woman’s Biblical role were quite foreign to me, and I was struggling with where I stood. I had my own (wrong) biases, however, and I somehow managed to twist Scripture and support the same conclusion I had started with. The only difference between what I did and what evolutionists do is that I used Scripture to fill in my gaps rather than bones.
How did I end up with the wrong answer? I believe that I was missing the real link. All those scientists with PhDs and maybe some of you as well are missing the link. Yes, we all look at evidence through our own bias, but truth is absolute. When we twist truth to try to link our ideas with it, we end up with lies. There is only one sure link to all of life’s questions, and Christ is that link of truth.
I Corinthians 3:11-13, 18-19 “For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work….Let no one deceive himself. If anyone among you seems to be wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, ‘He catches the wise in their own craftiness.’”

Instead of using skewed evidence to link my hypothesis to the conclusion, I need to grab hold of the main link of truth and never let go. Only then can I see the lies and reject man’s ideas that don’t fit. Only then can I see Ida for what she really is: simply one famous (but dead) lemur!

Sources:
>>http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/05/090519-missing-link-found.html
http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2009/05/19/ida-missing-link
https://www.wtgnh.com/wtgnh/support/chain.jpg
http://www.revealingthelink.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments like we love sunshine and chocolate and chubby babies!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin