4.01.2011

Guess What?

Lilla sweetly tagged us with this "Stylish Blogger Award."  Behold this gleaming model of style:

Along with this award, I am charged with sharing seven utterly random and little known facts about myself.  Here are my self-absorbed nuggets:

1. On past April Fool’s days, I have frosted a foam cake and hidden little frogs around the house, but I have yet to pull a truly epic prank. Those sorts of things are years in the making, so let's just say that someday…In the meantime I find delight in Google's yearly pranks.

2. When I was younger, for some reason I thought that one typically graduated at age 16. I still remember the devastating day that I found out the typical age of graduation from high school was actually 18. My first words upon learning this sad truth? “What a waste!” I graduated at age 17.

3. I am going to be the shortest person in my family. It’s my destiny, and there is no escaping it. I’m a nice 5 foot 2 ½, but Mikaela has me beat, and my little sisters are my height if not a bit taller right now.

4. I am an incorrigible girly girl in my tastes. Pink lipstick, cute earrings, fluffy skirts, flower in my hair…  What can I say?  I love my femininity! 

5. Right now I am taking “Financial Freedom” in school. With Scripture memory work, lectures to watch, interviews with other people, and essays to write, I am keeping busy and learning a lot. Anyone else out there Dave Ramsey nerds?

6. My favorite passage of Scripture has, for the past several years, been Isaiah 43. In my Bible next to that passage I wrote, “I am in love with God, and He with me.” The end of verse one on to verse two just overwhelms my heart:
“‘Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.’”

7. I finished my 123 page novel when I was twelve about a family of nine children during the Great Depression. At that ripe young age I had nearly completed several other books with Mikaela. One was a mystery having something to do with logging and twins, and the other was a time travel story back to the era of Daniel in the Bible. Both of these stories we decided one random day to delete in order to save space on the computer. This seemed to make so much sense at the time, but now it would head my “Biggest Regrets” list.

I hereby tag these ladies:
Sarah of Lord's Lass
Samantha of Tea and Ink
Ruthie of Journey of Faith

And I hereby tag all of you who read One Bright Corner--I would love to read your zaniest facts and anecdotes about yourself! 


Picture Credit: daniel_pfund
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the award, Lauren!

    I love all your random info on you. :) I share the girly girl syndrome with you. My mom has always been a tomboy and wondered where I came from, but in recent years I've rubbed off on her a bit (she gets a pedicure every 2 weeks now hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to public school, but we still watch episodes of Financial Peace. Granted, my teacher gives a "Christian disclaimer", which I find unnecessary, but nevertheless, I've learned quite a bit. I think I just might post some random facts. I was looking for something to write about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, thanks for the "tag" and the award - I am honored. :)
    Honestly, I enjoy reading "random" facts about others, because 1. I enjoy learning more about others, and 2. I love facts! :) Thanks for the fun post!
    P.S. I am also the shortest person in my family at about 5-1 1/2. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun randomness! Thanks for the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave Ramsey is the greatest! My sister and I are working through Financial Peace right now and my parents just finished his book "Total Money Makeover".
    Enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete

We love comments like we love sunshine and chocolate and chubby babies!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin