8.16.2011

Foundations of Life


Time to check your calendars! Pull out that fancy-pants phone, or that slim paper version, or that ginormous three-ring binder spreadsheet, or that good old-fashioned memory (yes, we have all kinds in our house). Consult your calendar of choice for the dates of October 7th and 8th. Free, right? (Who plans that far ahead, anyways?) Good, because you're going to want to make it a priority to attend the Foundations of Life Conference. I'll be there, but trust me--you don't want to come to see me.


You want to come to be challenged from God's Word by excellent and wise speakers. You want to come to learn about the foundation of life, Scripture, and Christianity. You want to come to fellowship with believers and find new resources. The humanistic worldview advocating evolution as the origin of the world consistently pervades our culture--it is a constant reminder of mankind's rebellion against God.

But as Christians, we have a holy mission to combat that culture:

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear." ~I Peter 3:15
This excellent "trailer" gives a preview of what is to come in October:


And did I mention the conference is free? Register at http://www.foundationsconference.org/ and spread the word!

 

Photo Credit: Kikasz

Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could be there - it sounds soo good! I really like the conference title. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. forget it! I am in New York! No way of traveling that far!!
    I would love to come though!!!!! and part of it would be to see you... :)
    by the way, I was just wondering, is the "music currently under your fingers" section on your sidebar up-to-date??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you two could come too! I'd pick you up from the airport. ;-)

    Elizabeth--the music sidebar is up-to-date for me. It looks like Lauren's is a little out-dated though. For shame! I'll have to remind her to update that. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

We love comments like we love sunshine and chocolate and chubby babies!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin